November 15, 2005

Success!

5 + 22 + 13 + 10 = 50

I've learned three things from today. First, warming up definitely helps. I was still sore from yesterday and the first 5 push-ups were tough, but after waiting about five minutes I was able to crank out 22 without too much trouble.

Second, I shouldn't wait too long between sets. Yesterday I waited about four hours before trying the final ten, and they were killers (done in two sets of five). Today probably waited about half an hour and then did 13, and they weren't too bad, and then the final 10 weren't bad at all. I probably could have done a few more in the last set.

Finally, doing 50 push-ups a day is not an unrealistic goal. I was worried I wouldn't be able to recover fast enough, and eventually my arms would be hanging limp and I would have to take a day or two off. (That could still turn out to be true.) However, with proper pacing, I think I can fit 50 push-ups in a single day in the short term, and of course over the long term I should be getting stronger so that it's less of a strain.

Now, time for a snack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home