May 27, 2009

SKULLCANDY

Is there a better name for a female-fronted Japanese ska band than SKULLCANDY? (I guess Ore Ska Band is a close second.) That's all I really wanted to say in this post, but the MySpace pages for these bands are fantastic. First of all, unlike YouTube, you don't have to worry about the videos being pulled by overzealous copyright holders. Check out SKULLCANDY's guitarist in their videos, and also be sure to listen to my favorite song, "Go! But reality!!"

Next, the friend links are great for finding new bands you might like. I'd never heard of 蕾-TSUBOMI- before, but when they list friends like Ego-Wrappin’, Bonnie Pink, Shakalabbits, and GO!GO!7188 (all huge personal favorites), not to mention SKULLCANDY and their compatriots Witchery SKANK, I knew I had to check them out. I also love that EGO-WRAPPIN' are friends with Patti Smith.

Finally, you get up-to-date news, like SKULLCANDY has released a full album called MERRY MERRY!! (not to be confused with the excellent EGO-WRAPPIN' album merry merry). Also, not only will ORESKABAND hopefully be at the Vans Warped Tour again this year, but you can also buy their album and gear in the US! I'm sure there's more cool stuff waiting to be discovered.

1 Comments:

Blogger ermo said...

I left this message at your main page, but I'm not sure if you still use that e-mail. This blog seems more up-to-date, so I'm reposting it here:

-----------------------------
I stumbled upon your Nav Katze page after having heard the Nevermind the Distortion albums. I am totally enthralled by their music... at least the stuff I've heard.

I'm really curious to hear what their real stuff sounds like... I got a couple of songs from the Video Girl Ai soundtrack and found some youtube videos, and I am totally obsessed.

The problem is, I can't afford to pay $40 for a CD shipped from Japan when I don't even know what's on it!

Do you know where I can find their CDs for sale in the states?? Is there anywhere I can find mp3s on the web? What is considered their "quintessential" album??

And, what happened to Nav Katze??

Thanks for any help!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home